Monday, July 14, 2008

God Opening the Heavens!

Well, yesterday was an interesting day! It started out perfectly normal, sunny, hot, and beautiful. We sat through Church went out to lunch with some friends then headed out to the baseball field to hit some balls!
Shane plays on our churches softball team. They are in the playoffs right now and wanted some extra practice!!
Well, we were out there playing some ball for a few hours when this rolls in
!
it was like nothing I've ever seen before!! there was constant thunder and lightning. What is crazy is that where we were standing at that moment, it was still bright and sunny! we just stood there and watched that. The craziest thing is that the wind completely changes direction! The STRANGE thing is it blows toward the storm even though the clouds are moving toward us... I was told that the storm was sucking the wind into it! HOW CREEPY!
Once the clouds got a little closer we all looked at eachother and said... "ummmm...it's really time to go!" We packed up our stuff as fast as possible and litterally ran to our cars with pouring rain chasing after us! The wind was blowing in swirls. Then what happens? we drop the bucket full of the balls!! haha we scrambled around picking them up and tossing them in the back of the car.
As soon as we closed each door.. BOOM God opened the heavens!! haha it was incredible.

When we dropped off the balls at our friends house we noticed that the wind and thrown a bunch of trash in their yard. So we jumped out and started picking it up. Thats when it really started coming down1 within less than a minuet i was completely soaked!

The weather out here in incredible. Its fun seeing something different than California.....even though I'll be wanting California soon! If that T-storm was crazy....I can't even imagine a hurricane!!!



2 comments:

Jake and Joanna said...

Auntie,
Camry here! I am jealous of your rain. It is very warm today, and Mommy slept in so she didn't have time to take me on a walk before it got too hot. I'm very angry.

I keep sniffing your door into your room, but it smells a bit differently now. And that girl Kaytie keeps walking in and out of it. I'm very confused. But when she happens to leave the door open, I'm always lucky enough to get in there and find the trash can and start eating. Mommy is not happy with me when i do that.

Well, Jerry wants to go cuddle in the sun. I love you Auntie!!! Thanks for the comment on my blog! :)

Love, Camry

HAHHAA, THERE. Camry posted a comment. :)

NanaCat said...

The weather in Florida is alot like TX. If you don't like it... wait 5 minutes, it'll change.

I love actually having weather. I know Andy misses the TX t-storms!