Thursday, July 31, 2008

Updates

Dont you love when life seems to fall into place!!
Life is so hectic right now, trying to figure out my college situation, how to pay for college, Shane is desperately trying to finish up his training, we are trying to adapt to paying bills, trying to figure out another form of transportation. Life is just complicated and hectic as it should be a month after you get married!

However, don't you LOVE when in ONE day some of those things fall into place. I went to Shane's base today and talked to a college counselor (the base has tons of the local colleges classes available on base) While I was there I figured out that ALL my classes from Ventura transferred, and picked all the classes I need to take to get my AA. we even talked about how to sign up for the nursing program.

Also I randomly heard about this thing called TA (tuition assistance). Hurlburt Base JUST started it up. As far as I know they pay for practically everything for airmen's spouses!! I was so excited to hear about it! it's exactly what we needed!! I am going to a briefing about it on Tuesday to help me figure everything out about it!!

so now all we need is for Shane to finish his training!!!! =D He has been scheduled to fly four times and each time they have been cancelled either due to weather or the plane breaking. He'll show up for his flight around 1:30pm and cal me around 10:00pm saying "it's can canceled".
So keep Shane and his flights in your prayers he's so close to finishing his training, the only thing keeping him from that are the planes not working!!

Other than that, we are getting used to life out here and together and it's wonderful! =D

3 comments:

NanaCat said...

Nice new layout!! It looks great. I'm so glad your blogging, it's fun to keep up with your life this way! So exciting about school and the TA possibilities. Can't wait to hear how that turns out.

Sorry about your drowned rat run today! Welcome to gulf coast weather. :)

Hillary Warlick said...

I am happy that your school situation is working out...that takes a lot of stress off of you.

"Beauty and the Blog" said...

I love both of you so much